29 May BizTimes Milwaukee: Finalists selected for Governor’s Business Plan Contest
Thirteen finalists have been selected from among 200 entries in the 16th annual Wisconsin Governor’s Business Plan Contest.
The tech startups will pitch their companies to a panel of judges at the Wisconsin Entrepreneurs’ Conference next week in Milwaukee. They are:
- Madison-based Auto-Scope, John Guequierre. The company would pair artificial intelligence with a digital otoscope to help diagnose middle ear infections.
- Madison-based Blexx Technology LLC, Erin Tenderholdt. Created a device that would quickly sanitize and disintegrate hypodermic needles.
- Monona-based DarkAero Inc., River Karls. An aircraft kit manufacturer focused on speed, range and efficiency.
- Kronenwetter-based ERbin, Michelle Goetsch. The digital recycling education platform aims to make the process easier for consumers.
- Madison-based GrowthChart Records Inc., Patricia Wooldridge. Developed technology to allow child care centers to record voice documentation.
- River Falls-based Impact Sports LLC, Joshua Cleveland. The company has created a prototype of a more flexible football helmet based on an infant’s head.
- Shorewood-based SafeLi LLC, Carol Hirschmugl. Has secured a patent to produce graphene-based materials that would disrupt the lithium-ion battery market.
See the full list here.