29 Mar MKE Startup News: Chocolate Rescue for Dogs gets two paws up from man’s best friend
Posted at 10:50h in BPC
It is often said that dogs are man’s best friend. That is certainly true of Amadeus Benitez and his beloved golden retriever, Leo.
At the close of 2021, Benitez returned home to discover that Leo had somehow gotten into a box of baking chocolate and ate two of the bars.
Benitez was in a panic, knowing that chocolate poisoning can be fatal to dogs. The methylxanthines in chocolate, primarily caffeine and theobromine, can cause vomiting, diarrhea, and even heart failure. He grabbed Leo and rushed him into the emergency veterinary clinic.
Click here to read the full story.